Tuesday Night Dinner
Left-Over Sausage Risotto
Oh this was yummy and Monkey LOVED it! So easy for Hubby to make too 🙂 We did not have any left over rice, so he made rice earlier in the day in our rice cooker, cooled it, and then used it in the dish later in the day. Very simple.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2-3 leftover cooked sausages cut into small chunks
- 2 cups of leftover cooked rice
- 14oz tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- Pinch Italian Seasoning or other spice mix
- Chopped basil to serve
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onions and carrot and cook until just soft. Add the sausages and rice and stir for a minute or so to drive off any excess moisture.
2. Tip in a tin of chopped tomatoes and tomato puree with the herbs. Stir together. Bring to the boil and simmer, and keep stirring for about 5 minutes, adding a little water if needed to thin.
3. Sprinkle with basil leaves.
Adapted from: Sausage Risotto
Friday Night Dinner
Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin
This was also really good. The potatoes cooked through fine (although there were a few brown bits due to not being covered by liquid, did not change the taste) and the pork had good flavor. The gravy could have been a bit thicker… maybe next time add a bit of flour to thicken? Certainly an idea. A keeper for sure.
Cook Time: 6 hours on Low
- 2 pound pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2-3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Diced dried onions
- 4 gloves of garlic, minced
- Red/Yellow/White (thin skinned) Potatoes
Mix ingredients above soy sauce through the garlic and Pour over the tenderloin in the crock pot. Put potatoes around the tenderloin and cook on low for 6 hours.
Adapted from a Facebook Post